Monday, January 22, 2007

Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii*)

Graphics- 10/10
Sound- 10/10
Gameplay- 10/10
Replay Value- 9/10
Overall- 10/10

I feel like a dumbass for saying this but - buy this game... God, if you don't own this game well...you're a lost cause. There is a stat out there that says 3 out of 4 people who own a Wii own this game. That means 1 out of 4 Wii owners are, in fact, dumbasses.

Some people will ask if this game is better than Ocarina of Time. While some people will say that it is (and I can understand what they are saying), I think that Ocarina of Time is a better game. All the years of hype and build up, along with countless delays (of course) were well worth it.

When this game started up I was amazed by what the graphics look like, because unlike some people who have reviewed the game, I understand that this game was originally intended for Gamecube only and it was decided at the last second to port it onto the Wii. Which leads me to my other point that on some reviews they will criticize the fact that the uses of the Wiimote feel tacked on...well that's because they are. The controls on this game are very well layed out and done in the same style as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, which I like a lot. The biggest change on the controls is the items. In Twilight Princess you set three items to the left, right, and down buttons. When you hit the button it switches to the A button for easy use. The overall gameplay starts out kind of slow, but picks up very quickly and it becomes very exciting. The other aspect of this game that I was curios to see and try out was being a wolf, which I heard is a major part of the plot and story. Well, it is a major part and while it seems like it would be hard to incorporate, it's done flawlessly.

The only minor flaw in this game is its replay value. The replay value is pretty high but it's not as good as Ocarina of Time, because after I beat that game I played it again right away (after I stared at the words "The End" for about an hour...I was in awe.) In this game I have played again but I ended up waiting a couple of days before I did. I am far from perfect completion and it will be a while before I get it. The bottom line is this game's replay value is slightly below what I expected, which might have something to do with the fact that this game isn't as earth-shattering as Ocarina of Time was.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Slightly less replay value than expected.

Review: Dan

*Also available for Gamecube - Review for Wii only.

No comments: