Saturday, January 20, 2007

Review: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64*)

Graphics- 10/10
Sound- 10/10
Gameplay- 10/10
Replay Value- 10/10
Overall- 10/10

I feel like a dumbass for saying this but - buy this game... God, if you don't own this game well...you're a lost cause.

This game needs no review, it's the best game ever. Period, end of discussion. Don't even bother to say any other game, not Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess. When this game came out it blew people's minds and for a good reason. Look at those graphics. Jeez, at that time they were far and away the best graphics ever. What those graphics did for games on the N64 and games in general... it's insane. The gameplay in this game is a mile beyond every other game, from the absolutely MASSIVE playing field to the dungeons there is always something being done that makes you want to come back for more. The dungeons in this game are so amazing and in depth. They may be considered complicated, but they are at the right level - not to complicated. The hardest Temple is the Water Temple and that is the only temple that I took a significant amount of time to beat.

The sound in this game is also on another level. The sound is nicely timed and used when it is needed. The most important part of this game involves sound and let me just say that the songs are just phenomenal and incorporated flawlessly. Whenever I learn a song again I get chills up and down my spine. I say again because I have played this game some many times it is unreal, it is probably around a hundred - and I am not kidding - one hundred, probably over. The people who say that this game has no replay value probably didn't play this game. From the countless sidequests, to perfect completion attempts, along with beating the game without dying (it is possible...I have done it), and not to mention that fact that you just want to play it again.

Some people might say that since the fact that the ability to skip cut scenes doesn't exist the game should receive a slightly lower score. Well to that I say "WHAT THE F***?!?!" I want to watch the cut scenes, I want to get those chills up and down my spine, I want to remember why I must destroy Ganon. The only other argument that I hear is that the lack of ability to rematch defeated bosses and play through completed dungeons deems a lower score. Why don't you replay the game? This game is well deserving of all of the hype that it receives and is the greatest game of all time.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Nothing.

Review: Dan

*Available for download on the VC - Review based on original.

No comments: