Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Review: WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii)

Graphics- 8/10
Sound- 6/10
Gameplay 9/10
Replay Value- 6/10
Overall-7/10

A good use of the Wiimote, but unfortunately it might be to hard for some. The game also moves really quickly, maybe too quickly. The lack of multiplayer is killer.

I was very excited about this game when I bought it, however I noticed almost right away there was no multiplayer, which I strongly expected there to be. I was discouraged, but still decided to purchase it anyways. One of the first things that I noticed was that this game incorporates your Mii's into it, which as you know I really like. The other thing I noticed was that you have the choice of right-handed or left-handed, which I do expect to see a lot in future Wii games. As I got to the actual gameplay I realized the graphics were... unique, I guess that they could be described as trippy. While the graphics won't win any awards, they are what you expect from this game. When you are starting a challenge there is a command thrown up on the screen and you are expected to know what to do. While it was fine most of the time, sometimes I had no idea what to do, because I looked away or didn't understand. If I didn't understand some of the commands, I imagine a lot of other people will too. However, the thing that bothered me the most was the stupid story line. Half the time I have no idea what the hell is going on and the other half makes absolutely no sense.

With all that being said this is still a good game. Many of the challenges make good use of the Wiimote and are really fun and you will want to play again. There is also a option to play some mini-games, not the game's mini-games, a new set of mini-games (confused?). On top of that if you get bored you can always listen to the hilarious description on how to hold the "Form Baton" (the Wiimote.) You also have the ability to go back and replay challenges, or practice them if you have to. All this and I forgot to mention the added benefits of really getting into the game. While some people will end up looking like... well, you know, but it can make the game really fun and actually help you with certain challenges. Even while I type this I can't help but to think what this game would have been like with multiplayer. It would have been sooooo much fun. I still recommend this game, that is if you can handle this intense gaming action (kidding).

Pros: Many Good mini-games, How to hold the Wiimote description, Good uses of the Wiimote.
Cons: No multiplayer, Some mini-games suck, Not for all ages.

Review: Dan

No comments: